Senior Full (Microsoft) Stack Developer
Our team has been assembled over the years to deliver data driven BI solutions to over 50 UK law firms, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. We’re focussed on ensuring that we help our customers achieve their goals, and every member of the team is driven to go the extra mile to deliver on our promises and our customers’ expectations.
We're not quite the "IT Crowd" but you may be surprised to know that we have a world record holding gamer and a West End Musicals singer in our ranks!
We’ve just celebrated our 11th birthday and we’re very proud of what we’ve achieved. As a Company, we do everything possible to make our employees’ lives as enjoyable as possible so that they can focus on what makes them and our clients grow.
It works. Our customer retention rate is 98% and most of our people have been with us for over 5 years.
The Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be involved in significant projects for the company, such as adding new streams to the product and addressing gaps in the market that no-one else is delivering.
You’ll play an integral role in a team where everyone contributes to solution design and delivery and need to be a natural and logical problem solver who is capable of shouldering responsibility and leading by example.
As we continue to grow as a business, we are creating a new role for a senior developer to:
- Participate in daily team stand-ups.
- Analyse user requirements and plan work items.
- Write code, tests and release notes for new features and bug fixes.
- Manage work items through our hosted issue tracking system, keeping them up to date with progress.
- Use source control for all code and database changes.
- Perform code reviews on work from the rest of the team.
- Demonstrate work done to the rest of the business through regular review sessions and manage feedback.
- Assist with running our internal systems (CI/CD, Automated Testing etc)
- Investigate new technologies and continuously develop technical knowledge and skills.
Skills & Competencies
The number of years’ experience you have is less important to us than evidence of progression, an openness to learning, and a record of delivering results.
The Katchr solution is browser based and runs on Azure and they work to an agile methodology, incorporating DevOps/CI/CD, so familiarity with this development style is essential.
Ideally, we are looking for:
- Full stack development
- Microsoft tech stack
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively within a team that blends remote and office based working
- Ability to communicate technical ideas, both written and verbally
It would also be great to have:
- Experience with data warehouses and/or BI solutions
- Legal or Financial sector background
To fit in with our team, and to build a career with Katchr, we are looking for someone who has an ambitious outlook and wants to become part of a growing business. You’ll preferably be:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a computing, maths, engineering or science subject
- A self-starter with a precise grasp of the required tasks
- Have a strong analytical mindset and problem solving skills
- A team player, highly motivated with a strong work ethic