Join the team behind our market-leading Business Intelligence software
Our team has been assembled over the years to deliver data-driven BI solutions to over 50 UK law firms, with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. We’re focused on ensuring that we help our customers achieve their goals, and every member of the team is driven to go the extra mile to deliver on our promises and our customers’ expectations.
We're not quite the "IT Crowd" but you may be surprised to know that we have a world record-holding gamer and a West End Musicals singer in our ranks!
We’ve just celebrated our 11th birthday and we’re very proud of what we’ve achieved. As a Company, we do everything possible to make our employees’ lives as enjoyable as possible so that they can focus on what makes them and our clients grow.
It works. Our customer retention rate is 98% and most of our people have been with us for over 5 years.
The Role & Responsibilities
As a SQL BI Developer, you will be involved in significant projects for the company and will bring your business analysis and problem-solving skills to bear. As well as working closely with the team, you’ll also be in regular contact with the clients whose solutions you’re working on to establish their BI objectives and the data they wish to surface.
You’ll join an existing team of two SQL specialists and will be working within a highly structured environment of inter-related SQL scripts, so you will need to be adept at working with complex data sources and diagnosing ETL issues in order to deliver fully reconciled client MI system implementations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Configuring data extracts from various source systems
- Customising ETL SQL scripts to implement client business rules
- Report design and delivery using SSRS / Microsoft Reporting Tools
- Dashboard design using Katchr’s proprietary tools
- Reconciling and balancing data
- Demonstrating work done to the rest of the business through regular review sessions and manage feedback.
- Investigating new technologies and continuously developing technical knowledge and skills.
Skills & Competencies
The number of years’ experience you have is less important to us than evidence of progression, an openness to learning, and a record of delivering results.
Ours is a large and complex solution, comprising significant business logic in both C# and T-SQL scripts, so you’ll be strong in:
- Microsoft SQL Server, Advanced TSQL and SSRS
- Large scale data migrations
It would also be great to have:
- Experience with data warehouses and/or BI solutions
- Legal or Financial sector background
Working within a small team means you need to be a resourceful self-starter as you’ll be handling multiple tasks or projects at once…which need to be delivered on time.
So, we’re looking for a genuine team player, who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic and an ambitious outlook and a collaborative approach. It goes without saying that you’ll be a stickler for accuracy and your attention to detail.