The Essential 25 Law Firm KPIs – Module 4 Understand Your Processes
Last time we covered these KPIs:
How to use this list
KPI Number 17 – First Call Response
Elapsed time from initial contact with prospect to conversation with appropriate advisor.
- A useful measure of the first impression potential clients have of your firm
- It is difficult to record data if enquiry handling is not centralised
- Some form of CRM system is generally required to capture this data
KPI Number 18 - Time Between Milestones
Elapsed Time between key milestones.
- Identify bottlenecks in your workflow
- Some form of case management or workflow application is required
- Key milestones should be viewed from the client’s perspective – points at which they see tangible progress
KPI Number 19 - SLA Achievement
Percentage of cases completed within timescales agreed (with client or internally).
- SLA = Service Level Agreement
- Can be applied to worktypes irrespective of whether third parties have imposed SLAs
- Create and monitor your own internal SLAs for key processes
KPI Number 20 - Complaints
Number of complaints received.
- Recording complaints in your PCMS enables reporting of data
- Complaints per team per month/quarter/year provide clear trends on service delivery quality
KPI Number 21 - Number of Cases with Process Risk
- Undertakings not discharged
- AML issues
- Inactive matters
- Residual balances
- Use exception reporting to drive action
- Use KPIs to focus on the exceptions not on lists of data
- Find ways to communicate effectively with individuals responsible
- Email is often the least effective way to do this
What our customers say
Explore our Katchr Enterprise Features to discover why top law firms choose to use our software to address their reporting challenges.
Today’s data is real-time, and Katchr allows you to track and plan your firm’s management system from one central law firm dashboard.
Clear, in-depth data analysis at the touch of a button.
Katchr includes built-in, easy to use tools for ad hoc analysis of your law firm data.
Compare individuals, teams and offices across a broad range of performance measures.
Know your numbers – No more waiting days or weeks for month end reports.
Monitor your business in real time. Katchr provides fast, automated production of financial reports.
Understand your new business pipeline.
Get a detailed analysis of sources of business, the profitability of clients, by sector, and cross-selling opportunities.
Katchr Enterprise can store data either in your data centre (on premise, private hosted, private cloud), or in the Katchr Cloud environment.
Either way you have the re-assurance that Katchr is certified to ISO27001, ensuring that we carry out all development, support and services using best practice and to the highest standards.
Katchr Cloud solutions store all data in UK data centres. More details available on request.
The following PMS integrations are fully tested and available:
Current PMS Solutions:
- Aderant Expert
- Advanced Legal Business (ALB)
- Civica (Norwell) Prescient
- Eclipse Proclaim
- Elite 3E
- Linetime Liberate
- Peppermint CX
- SOS Connect
- Tikit Partner
Legacy supported products:
- Advanced Legal Enterprise (ALE)
- Advanced Legal Enterprise
- Advanced Evolution
- Elite Envision
- Lexis Nexis Axxia
Want another? Custom integrations are available on request for any data source with a SQL database or published API.
Yes, absolutely. One of the benefits of the Katchr solution is the ability to consolidate data across multiple data sources, such as:
- Multiple instances of the same PMS
- Combining PMS data with other accounts packages (eg. Xero)
- Using CRM and/or HR system data to provide KPIs across client and team engagement
Yes, Katchr dashboards are fully customisable using the built-in dashboard designer – a very popular feature.
Are you ready to transform the way you use data?
Our specialist, Jack will be happy to take you on a Product Tour.
Katchr software is available across all devices so you are never more than a glance from your real-time data and your next essential business decision.